Thursday 22 August 2013

Flying solo...........

Yep - my first craft retreat run on my lonesome - not that this is really true as my lovely friends Emma and Andrew are also supporting me this weekend.  We have such lovely folks attending our retreats it really is like a little holiday even for me !
This weekend we are playing with Christmas on Saturday and on Sunday are having an afternoon tea party in aid of Breast Cancer care.
I have been baking for the weekend today and made these delicious biscuits after a facebook friend reminded me how lovely the are to bake.
Seeing them here - they look a little like lines of boobs!

Photo

The tester one was delish!
I am mostly packed with just a few bits to do in the morning. Can't wait!
I can finally share some very exciting news.  My eldest son Tom has been accepted on a PHd studentship programme.  This has been his aim since leaving University with his first degree and we are so proud that he has steadily worked through his Masters and first year of work.  The heavy workload of a PHd has not daunted him one bit and he will begin in Leeds at the end of September. Reaching for the stars - I am so so proud of him as the road has not been an easy one.

Hope I remember to take lots of pictures to share with you after the weekend.
Until then have fun crafting and thanks for stopping by xx
Janet

1 comment:

  1. Hey congrats to Tom Janet, he deserves this he has worked so hard,have a great weekend, luv Georginaxxx

    ReplyDelete

Welcome, thanks for stopping by, Thrilled you have decided to leave a comment - i will endeavour to reply to each and every one.