Tuesday 27 August 2013

What a weekend !

Craft retreats ! Love 'em - Love going to them and love running them and this one was no exception.
Usually its a September retreat but the dates available were not suitable so I picked August bank holiday - slap bang in the middle of my leave for 3 nights which was fabulous - staying over an extra night did feel extra indulgent I must say !
So what did we do.
Well we shopped, crafted, talked, shopped, ate, laughed, crafted, put the world to rights, sorted out problems in each others lives, hugged, shared, ate, crafted, shopped a bit more, hugged a lot more, made Christmas cards and an advent calendar, scrapbooked, altered, ate, shopped, facebooked, slept (only a little), shared a bit more, ate a bit more, slept a bit, laughed, sang, painted, coloured, glittered, and fund raised the list is endless.
On the first night we were treated to some homemade gifts from the lovely Julia and Anne.

 We all received this beautiful keyring/ handbag charm - and whats more the girls had also made ones for the girls who could not make it this time ! How thoughtful and very clever!
 We all received a lovely fridge magnet too. including Andy the Chef ! Beautiful!
 The girls made some fabulous bunting for us to use at future weekends too - i just love it. 
My lovely pal Liz made this.  I could have cried - I nearly did - Its beautiful - all handmade, painted and glazed. It commemorates our lovely tea party on Sunday. I am thrilled we made £122 for Breast Cancer Care and would like to say a big thanks to our retreaters, Pam Miller , Glynis Parfitt and Jill Tuck for their generous donations, 
I didnt take photos but lots of the girls did so as soon as they share them with me I will show you our fun time.

Our next retreat is booked for 14th-16th March. How fabulous to do it all over again x

Thanks for stopping by. I am still working on the followers problem so please bear with me xx
Janet x 

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a good time.plenty of crafting,shopping and eating.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a fabulous weekend.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete

Welcome, thanks for stopping by, Thrilled you have decided to leave a comment - i will endeavour to reply to each and every one.