Friday 27 September 2013

so very excited...............

After a six month break - yes it really has been that long - I am back teaching again. In reality I have not stopped as I have been running my stamping club and teaching there which is amongst friends - this is different, or so it feels,its teaching in a shop - Samuel Taylors in Harrogate and at Embsay store.
 When asked to come up with some samples and the shop is full of delicious goodies - where to start?
For me it just had to be Christmas.
These delightful vintage papers from Authentique were perfect to create a special vintage card to give to someone special or maybe keep at home as a decoration.
 This is my second version of the card using different images from the papers.  I love how they all come together.
 I can also see old styles and newer styles within the work of this - I very much enjoyed re-visiting pricking and stitching the papers which is a technique I learned at the beginning of my papercrafting journey. It makes the papers feel fabric like too.



This last sentiment has to sum up what Christmas means to me - and maybe why I love to Christmas plan all year - that bit of magic that appears in us all at Christmas.

This workshop is running at Harrogate on Saturday October 18th and at Embsay Sunday 19th at the Samuel Taylors stores. Tel Harrogate on 01423 522230 and Embsay 01756 700946 to book a place.
This is a project you will want to create again and again - not just for Christmas.
Hope to see you there x

Janet x

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful Christmas cards Janet, they are fantastic images of Santa.
    I am down your way at the moment, enjoying Bolton Abbey in all its splendour.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete

Welcome, thanks for stopping by, Thrilled you have decided to leave a comment - i will endeavour to reply to each and every one.